Taking all the credit. R&D Tax Credit Lead Consultant.
LONDON, UK | GBP 55,000 + bonus + profit share.
HOW WILL A TYPICAL DAY BE SPENT?
● Engaging with the technology C-suite and other senior business stakeholders.
● Designing, building and implementing bespoke optimisation solutions for clients.
● Using your business acumen to ensure technical recommendations are fit for purpose.
● Supporting clients, product demos, training, mentoring, providing consulting services.
● Showcasing solutions, outlining benefits, identifying potential future business opportunities.
WHAT’S THE WORKING CULTURE LIKE?
● Big consulting firm ambitions with a boutique consultancy feel. Our consultants are well-accomplished, entrepreneurial, ambitious, highly driven and yes – competitive too but in a collaborative way. Significant focus is given to training and personal development.
WHAT’S INTERESTING ABOUT THE ROLE?
● This is a unique opportunity to leverage your technical expertise in a business-facing, consultative capacity. If you’re one of those rare individuals who combine deep technical knowledge of web and application development with highly polished soft skills then this is the environment for you.
WHAT ARE THE CHALLENGES?
● This is not a 9-5. You will be working to tight deadlines in what at times can be a pressurised environment. Expect to be surrounded by smart, articulate and highly-motivated individuals where the desire and competition to succeed is huge.
WHAT’S MY BACKGROUND?
● You come from a computer science or software development background and are now looking to step away from the coal face into more of a strategic, client-facing, consultative role. It is likely that you are currently working for one of the Big Four, a renowned software engineering house or vendor.
● This is a true meritocracy where there are no glass ceilings. Your destiny will be in your own hands and have a direct correlation with your performance. Work hard, deliver and you will succeed. It’s that simple.
WHAT ARE THE NUMBERS?
● Up to 55K + bonus + profit share.
WHAT TECHNICAL SKILLS WILL I NEED?
● Demonstrable software engineering / programming background.
● Excellent understanding of IT and the software development life cycle.
WHAT BUSINESS KNOWLEDGE WILL I NEED?
● Degree or higher qualification in Computer Science from a reputable institution.
● Deep interest and fascination with science, technology and innovation.
● Very strong analytical skills and an endless fascination for how things work.
● Able to interpret and adapt a singular concept to a wide range of industry sectors.
● Adept at leveraging strong numeracy and financial acumen in real-world situations.
WHAT ABOUT SOFT SKILLS?
● Significant gravitas, highly polished and articulate, able to instil confidence and credibility.
● Highly personable, engaging, client-facing, confident, credible, articulate, consultative, affable.
● Ability to decompose complex ideas into simple terms for non-technical audiences.
● Exemplary communication, both verbal and written, coupled with technical writing skills.
● Exceptional presentation skills and an affinity for tailoring a message to the audience.
● Please send a CV and covering letter to us at Mongoose Gray. Yes, we’re a bit old school like that. We look forward to hearing from you.